POST CUSTOM NATIONS HERE Nov 18, 2016 18:22:52 GMT -5
Post by galagagalaxian on Nov 18, 2016 18:22:52 GMT -5
Yes and no. Editing the actual map (say to change landmasses) is almost impossible AFAIK. Editing the map file to add new territories and possessions is possible, but requires extensive work. Creating new nations is easier if the appropriate territories already exist. Having never edited the map file myself, I am unsure if the actual map zones can be rearranged.
Conveniently, several "unused" and normally invisible home area are already defined in the map file. My Ottomans use Turkey for example. Lucky for you the unused home areas include Brazil and Argentina. Chile is not included AFAIK, so you'd have to edit it in if you wished to include the third part in the South American naval Arms race.
I could see a South America game working quite well, especially if one is willing to entertain some alt-history:
1. Great Britain (I cannot imagine a set of nations which does not include her, as the terrible titan whose wrath must be avoided excepting grand ambitions, plus she'd be useful for foreign construction purposes)
2. United States (similar to above, a great power to be wary of and a potential source of ship building)
5. Chile (if one does not mind adding the hard work of editing the map file to include Chile as a region)
6. Germany (especially if Chile is included)
7. Wildcard - Perhaps an alt-history resurgent Spanish Empire as an antagonist, maybe an Alt-History American Confederacy, or maybe France?